The weather is finally warming up, which means it’s time to start taking advantage of outdoor dining opportunities. Luckily, Central New Jersey is packed with amazing restaurants with patios that can’t be beat!
Here is our list of 17 fabulous spots for outdoor dining in central New Jersey, organized by town for your convenience:
- Located at 185 Madisonville Rd. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Monday-Wednesday; 11:00am-11:00pm Thursday-Saturday; 12:00pm-10:00pm Sunday
For a truly exceptional outdoor dining experience, nothing beats the Delicious Heights Outpost. Though it is situated at the Basking Ridge Country Club, it is open to the public and features a diverse menu and full-service bar that will tantalize any taste buds. With a seasonal patio overlooking the club’s gorgeous 18th Green, this is the perfect spot to enjoy the warm weather and delicious food with friends or coworkers.
- Located at 55 S. Finley Ave. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Hours: 11:30am-12:00am Tuesday-Thursday; 11:30am-1:00am Friday; 11:00am-1:00am Saturday; 10:00am-10:30pm Sunday; closed Monday
Fusing historic charm with modern flair, Washington House provides customers with a unique dining experience. Their food is a mixture of refined elegance and traditional tastes, while their intimate outdoor patio is ideal for date night or a casual Sunday brunch. With weekly specials and live music, Washington House is a local treasure that’s not to be missed.
- Located at 26 Church St. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Hours: 11:30am-3:00pm & 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Saturday; 11:30am-3:00pm & 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
Voted one of the top 100 al fresco dining restaurants in the country by OpenTable in 2015, Focacceria Ristorante is dedicated to providing customers with upscale homemade Italian cuisine. All breads, pastas, and desserts are made from scratch every morning using only the freshest ingredients. Enjoy a dish on their colorful outdoor patio and you will see why Focacceria is one of the best spots for a summer meal.
- Located at 279 Springfield Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
- Hours: 11:30am-4:00pm Monday-Saturday (Lunch); 12:00pm-4:00pm Sunday (Lunch); 4:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday (Dinner); 4:00pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday (Dinner); 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday (Dinner)
If you’re in the mood for a good brew and some good food to match, check out Trap Rock Restaurant & Brewery. Their microbrewery serves up seasonal craft beers, while their kitchen offers delicious burgers, sandwiches, sides, and more. The spot’s rustic setting carries out onto the patio, with barrels, plants, and wooden accents that create the perfect relaxed, southern vibe for a simple night out.
- Located at 73 Mine Brook Rd. Bernardsville, NJ 07924
- Hours: 11:30am-3:00pm & 3:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
With an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere, Bistro Seven Three is a prime spot for any special occasion. Their seasonal menu items are made from scratch in-house and their experienced chef can create virtually any meal you may have in mind. Their new outdoor patio is open now, so head to Bistro Seven Three and indulge in the beautiful weather and some equally beautiful dishes.
- Located at 1288 Springfield Ave. New Providence, NJ 07974
- Hours: 11:30am-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 11:30am-11:00pm Friday; 4:00pm-11:00pm Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
Formerly the New Providence “Bistro Seven Three” location, the Providence Bar & Kitchen mixes the bistro’s elegance with a much more relaxed bar feel, making it ideal for everything from a quiet date to a family dinner. Their staff is warm and welcoming and each dish is gracefully prepared (and almost too pretty to eat!). Dine out on their small, private patio and experience the top-notch service and food that locals cannot get enough of.
- Located at 141 Main St. Peapack, NJ 07977
- Hours: 11:30am-2:30pm & 4:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Friday; 4:00pm-10:00pm Saturday-Sunday
An eclectic atmosphere and fresh seasonal menu offerings make Cafe Azzurro a go-to for local, new northern Italian cuisine. Chicken, veal, steak, pasta, and other dishes are carefully crafted to give you a truly one-of-a-kind dining experience. Their casual seasonal patio features multiple umbrellaed tables, so you can bask in the shade as you partake in a delectable meal at Cafe Azzurro.
- Located at 2 Main St. Peapack, NJ 07977
- Hours: 5:30pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 5:30pm-11:00pm Friday; 5:00pm-11:00pm Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
Instead of a farm-to-table meal, why not enjoy your meal on the farm? Ninety Acres, an extension of the Natirar retreat, features multiple menus fit to whatever your tastes may be with dishes made using ingredients grown at Natirar’s onsite farm. Enjoy an evening by the warm glow of the restaurant patio’s fire pits and experience fine food and wine at its highest level of artistry.
RARITAN & RED BANK
- Located at 777 U.S. 202 Raritan, NJ 08869; 33 Broad St. Red Bank, NJ 07701
- Hours: Raritan: 4:30pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday, 4:30pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday, 3:00pm-9:00pm Sunday; Red Bank: 4:30pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday, 4:30pm-11:00pm Friday, 3:00pm-11:00pm Saturday, 2:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
With a unique modern setting and innovative cuisine, Char Steakhouse is one of the most authentic New York-style steakhouses around. Their menu features family-style sides, decadent appetizers, a raw bar, and more, in addition to tender filets, strips, ribeyes, and a 46 oz. porterhouse. Their fun patio features both tables and lounge areas, with an almost tropical vibe that is perfect for a summer celebration.
- Located at 1719 Amwell Rd. Somerset, NJ 08873
- Hours: 11:30am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:30am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-9:00pm Sunday
If you’re looking for some simple, rustic American fare, look no further than the Stage House Tavern. This spot serves up everything from elegant dishes like a braised lamb shank to comfort foods like chicken pot pie. Consider dining al fresco on their quaint floral patio while you’re there (every Thursday in the spring and summer they feature live acoustic music on their outdoor stage).
- Located at 24 E Main St. Somerville, NJ 08876
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 12:00pm-10:00pm Sunday
Travel to Greece without ever leaving New Jersey at Kyma Greek Cuisine. Kyma serves fresh, authentic mediterranean dishes made from ingredients shipped directly from Greece and other countries around the world. Their island atmosphere makes you feel miles away and their simple patio is perfect for a relaxed weekend meal.
- Located at 227 Main Ave. Stirling, NJ 07980
- Hours: 11:30am-10:00pm
For some of the best beer around, check out the Stirling Hotel. This spot features sandwiches, pizzas, and other entrees, as well as a weekend beer garden that serves up domestic and innovative craft brews. Stop by for live music on the patio every Monday night and be sure to check out the local bird sanctuary frokm 2:00pm-8:00pm every Sunday.
- Located at 50 Stirling Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
- Hours: 5:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 5:00pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-3:00pm & 5:00pm-9:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
Nestled in the serene Watchung Mountains, Stone House at Stirling Ridge brings the aesthetics of a California craftsman-style lodge to central New Jersey. Each ingredient in the dishes on Stone House’s menu is carefully picked from the restaurant’s onsite garden, ensuring that customers receive only the freshest, most delicious food. Whether you enjoy a meal on the warm patio or roast marshmallows with friends at one of the outdoor fire pits, you are guaranteed to have a night to remember at Stone House.
- Located at 101 Town Center Dr. Warren, NJ 07059
- Hours: 11:30am-3:00pm & 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Friday; 4:00pm-10:00pm Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
For exquisite Italian fare with a homey feel, there’s no beating Alfie’s Ristorante Italiano. They have an extensive menu of interesting and delicious meal options and a staff that treats everyone like part of the family. Have a meal on their bright, relaxing patio and experience the inviting atmosphere and fabulous food that keeps locals coming back again and again.
- Located at 14 Elm St. Westfield, NJ 07090
- Hours: 11:00am-9:30pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-10:30pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-9:00pm Sunday
Family-run since 1969, Ferraro’s is a true Westfield landmark. They serve up healthy, traditional, and contemporary Italian dishes in a setting that is just as unique and cozy as the food. Dine al fresco on their gorgeous sidewalk patio, where you can enjoy the sights of Westfield while indulging in the full Ferraro’s experience.
- Located at 9 Cherry Ln. West Orange, NJ 07052
- Hours: 11:30am-11:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-12:00am Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-3:00pm & 3:00pm-11:00pm Sunday
Sitting on the banks of the reservoir, McLoone’s Boathouse offers an unparalleled scenery in addition to a wide selection of refined and traditional American fare. Their menu includes everything from delicate scallops to BBQ ribs and their seaside atmosphere leaves you in awe. The extensive patio features both tables and lounge chairs, plus a fire pit and breathtaking views of the water, perfect for ending a long day at work or enjoying a family meal while on vacation.
- Located at 111 Old Hwy 28 Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889
- Hours: 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 5:00pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 11:00am-2:00pm & 4:00pm-8:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
For a meal that is the true definition of elegance, visit the Ryland Inn. This 220-year-old equestrian estate blends modern refinement with old-world charm to create an atmosphere like never before, while the executive chef creates farm-to-table meals that incorporate only the freshest local ingredients and flavors that change with the seasons. Enjoy a meal or drink on the beautiful back patio, which features a full bar, umbrella seating, and live music; it’s the perfect way to spend a warm summer afternoon.
Keep exploring Central New Jersey on our blog:
Summer is finally here! Beat that heat with a refreshing dip in one of central New Jersey�...
If you have kids, you know how difficult it can be to get them to be active once summer ro...