The 14 Best Pizza Places In & Around Warren
Finding top-notch pizza in and around Warren isn't hard—we're fortunate in that pizzerias and Italian restaurants are aplenty! Modest hole-in-the-wall gems, great family-owned restaurant stories, and farm-fresh ingredients are the norm around here. These are all local residents' favorite pizza joints, and I hope this list will help you discover a new favorite!
Trattoria La Strada's menu is incredibly diverse, and 100+ menu items ensure you can visit time and time again and still try something new.
What's the secret to their amazing pizza?
"Everything is done freshly, everyday. It's done the same way, over and over. That's what makes me good, that's what makes La Strada here good." says Rosario, the owner of Trattoria La Strada. Watch the video for a closer look at the pizzeria:
- Other menu items include: soup, salad, pasta, veal, seafood, Philadelphia-style steaks, hot and cold sandwiches, calzones, dessert and more.
- Located at 177 Washington Valley Road, Warren, NJ 07059.
Chris Panatieri opened the now-famous Panatieri's Pizza & Pasta, and they're known for making everything fresh daily from excellent, quality ingredients. There's a second Panatieri's in Martinsville,too!
- Other menu items include: Famous sausage snaps (delicious bite-sized sausage tossed in sweet & tangy sauce on a skewer), Cajun wings, Buffalo wings, hot and cold subs, salads, and pasta dishes & more.
- Tip: Check out their weekly specials!
- Located at 68 Mountain Blvd. Warren, NJ 07059 (Warren Village Center), and 1910 Washington Valley Rd, Martinsville, NJ 08836.
A Warren staple when it comes to pizza, Ciro's is lauded for having "THE BEST" pizza and excellent customer service. These guys *might* offer even more subs than they do pizza! Ciro's also has a huge selection of salads, wraps and more.
- Tip: Regulars recommend trying the Sicilian pizza.
- Located at 101 Reinman Road, Warren, NJ 07059.
4. Café Agira
Named for the small town of Agira in southern Italy, Café Agira offers classic pizza pies and specialty pizza pies (with dishes like Cheese Steak Pizza, Scampi Pizza, and Chicken Parmigiana Pizza).
- Other menu items include subs, soups, desserts & more.
- Tip: There is an entire gluten-free menu that includes pizza and a wide variety of pastas.
- Located at 125 Washington Valley Road, Warren NJ 07059 (Quail Run Center).
We hear the Chicken Caesar salad, chicken parmesan, and vodka sauce here are amazing, and regulars keep returning for super-reasonable prices and mouthwatering dishes.
- Other menu items: Seafood, chicken, steak, dozens of hot and cold sub options are all available.
- Located at 600 Valley Rd, Gillette, NJ 07933.
Lombardi Pizza Co. takes their authentic, wood-fired pizza Napoletana seriously, and they believe that it "should be a balance of all its ingredients." Bright tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, aromatic basil, olive oil and a deceptively simple crust are all part of their delicious philosophy.
- Other menu items include a few salads and small plates. The pizza is where it's at!
- Located at 1958 Washington Valley Rd, Martinsville, NJ 08836.
Cafe Figaro offers a mouthwatering pizza menu filled with New York style pizzas and gourmet pizzas (like Montebello Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Cheesesteak Pizza, and Baked Ziti Pizza).
- Other menu items include salad, pasta, steak and more.
- Located at 403 King George Rd Ste 107, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
8. Joe's Pizza
The folks at Joe's Pizza pride themselves on using fresh, quality ingredients, and providing customers with excellent customer service! Joe's gourmet pizza list is long and varied, and includes pies like the Eggplant Marinara Pizza, (fried eggplant on top of white pie with parmigiano cheese and marinara sauce), the Garden Pizza (chopped tomatoes, onions, basil, parmigiano cheese, oil and vinegar), and the unique Clam Pizza.
- Other menu items includes salad, soup, hot and cold sandwiches, wraps, and more.
- Located at 1938 Washington Valley Road, Martinsville, NJ 08836.
When Aniello and his wife Yolanda came to the US from Naples, Italy, they brought their delicious recipes and passion for food with them. It was during this time that Aniello developed his pizza recipe (that they still use now!) while operating a pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY. Aniello and his family eventually moved to New Jersey and opened up Alfonso's in 1978. Now, his children and relatives run Alfonso's and have stayed true to his original vision.
Alfonso's menu features a long list of gourmet red and gourmet white pizza varieties, and each delicious creation can be customized with a long list of fresh toppings.
- Other menu items include soup, salads, pasta, seafood, sandwiches, and more.
- Tip: Check out their 40+ item gluten-free menu, and follow them on Facebook for updates on deals.
- Located at 99-101 West Main Street, Somerville, NJ.
10. Trattoria Bolu
Inspired by Mediterranean cooking, Bolu is a family-owned restaurant that is dedicated to fresh and organic ingredients, and supporting local and sustainable farms. Fillings and pastas are housemade, and all of their flour is even non-GMO.
- Bolu has a huge variety of gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options on their menu.
- Check out the local farms Bolu supports here.
- Located at 100 Marketplace Center 25 Mountainview Blvd Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
11. Marcello's II
With 100+ items on their menu, Marcello's II is sure to please everyone in your group! Their 25+ pizza options include red pizza, white pizza, classic and specialty pies. There are some unique combinations on the gourmet list too, like Portofino Pizza (mussels, clams, shrimp & garlic.), Fiorentina Pizza (tomatoes, prosciutto, mozzarella, olive oil & parmigiana), and Specialty Pizza (mushrooms, sausage, onions, peppers, pepperoni, ham, meatballs, olives & extra cheese).
- Other menu items include pasta, soup, hot subs, cold subs, wraps, casseroles, chicken, veal, and seafood dishes.
- Tip: They have a great online ordering feature on their website.
- Located at 260 Main Street, Stirling, NJ 07980.
When it comes to serving up incredible Italian food, the DeLucia family has almost an entire century of experience. These guys were voted New Jersey's Best Plain Pizza by NJ.com's Pizza for a reason.
In 1917, Costantino DeLucia opened a bakery in Raritan, and in the 1930s, he began serving pizza. DeLucia's has had a pizza-only menu since the 1950s, and now a third and fourth generation of DeLucia's operate the restaurant!
- Tip: No credit or debit cards. Bring cash!
- Located at 3 1st Avenue, Raritan, NJ 08869.
13. Chimney Rock Inn
Established in 1863, Chimney Rock Inn is in its 3rd century of business—how many American restaurants can say that?! As you'll notice from visiting though, things have come a long way since the 1800s! They've been serving up top-notch thin-crust pizza for over 50 years, and now even have two locations. Of course, their pizza menu is where they really shine, and pies like Margherita Rosa (a classic Margherita pizza that features their classic homemade pink vodka sauce) and Chicken Pot Pie Pizza (topped with grilled chicken breast smothered in their signature buffalo sauce) are not to be missed.
- Other menu items include soup, salad, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, and a wide variety of appetizers.
- They even feature a gluten-free menu with 20+ items.
- Located at 800 North Thompson Ave. Bound Brook, NJ 08805, and at 342 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933.
14. Cafe Rustica
Cafe Rustica offers a cozy atmosphere and an impressive menu of authentic Italian food. Their five featured pizzas are all packed with mouthwatering ingredients: for example, Cafe Rustica's #3 grilled pizza is topped with grilled chicken, pesto, bruschetta tomatoes, mozzarella, arugula, and parmigiano reggiano.
- Other menu items follow in the same example of their pizzas—they packed with quality ingredients and big flavors, whether it's pasta, a meat dish, or an appetizer.
- Located at 3188 Valley Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.