Cover photo courtesy of Robert Gallucci
Do you like to go all out on the 4th of July, enjoying every barbecue, festival, parade, and firework display you can find? Or do you like to keep things low-key and just find somewhere quiet to enjoy a nearby firework show from? Either way, we’ve got you covered!
Whether you want to check out Summit’s 4th of July celebration and food truck festival or just get tips from locals on where to watch fireworks from (we hear the Wegman’s parking lot is a top choice!), our list of 4th of July Celebrations in Central New Jersey for 2018 is at the ready!
- Date: July 4
- Location: North Branch Park, 355 Millton Road, Bridgewater, NJ08807
Be prepared as a spectacular display of magnificent fireworks paints the night sky with awesome beauty and precision this 4th of July as the Somerset County Park Commission invite all to enjoy the Annual July 4th Fireworks Display. Gates will open at 6:00 PM, so get to the North Branch Park on Millton early to snag a good parking space.
This dynamic festival is packed with events and things to do! A Revolutionary War encampment shows what life was like during the 1770s, you can purchase food, and the firework display starts at 9:30 pm.
It’ll be a night to commemorate and share with the family and you are encouraged to bring food, picnic chairs, and a blanket. Millton will be closed off for about 30 minutes to an hour after the celebratory event to make way for moderately heavy traffic as people head home.
FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, NJ
- Date: July 3
- Location: Municipal Building (475 DeMott Lane Somerset, New Jersey 08873)
This free event is great for the whole family! Live 80s music, a kid zone, food vendors, and a firework show at 9:15 pm will all be offered.
- Date: July 4
- Location: Memorial Oval on Robert Harp Drive in Livingston, NJ
The Livingston 4th of July Celebration’s website says “Come early & stay late…” and with a long list of amazing events and activities, we can certainly see why! There’s an auto show, music, kids rides, a baseball game, free pony rides, ice cream-eating contests, and MUCH more. Plus, the Livingston’s Famous Fireworks Spectacular starts at 9:15 pm!
- Date: July 3 & 4
- Location: Memorial Park
This Independence Day spectacle is a must-see for those in the area! The Zerbini Family circus, live music, face painting, boardwalk games, a classic car show, karaoke, eating contests, and more will all be in the mix. And of course, fireworks start at 9:15. Buy tickets here!
SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ
- Date: June 30
- Location: Scotch Hills Golf Course on Jerusalem Road
Get ready for some amazing fireworks! The fireworks display will begin at dusk (and in case of rain, will be rescheduled to July 3).
- Date: July 4
- Location: Soldiers Memorial Field (5 Myrtle Avenue Summit, NJ 07901)
Packed with events and activities all day long, Summit’s 4th of July celebration includes a Children’s Decorated Bicycle Parade, an amazing Food Truck Festival, entertainment, carnival rides, and of course, the Grand Fireworks Display which starts at 9:15 pm. You can see a schedule of events HERE.
- Date: July 4
- Location: Taylor Park, Main St, Millburn, NJ 07041, Millburn High School, 462 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ
The Millburn-Short Hills Fourth of July Committee is proud to present its 73rd annual July 4th celebration. Everyone is invited to celebrate our Great Nation’s Independence with fun activities for all ages. Come for exciting rides, delicious food, refreshments and stick around until dusk for a marvelous fireworks display! We anticipate your company!
We also received some excellent recommendations from locals themselves about where to watch fireworks from in New Jersey:
- “Watch fireworks from Pier A or Maxwell Park. Also, Blvd East in Weehawken at Hamilton Park is lovely, and Downtown Jersey City by Newport.”
- “I sit on my balcony down the shore and watch about 10 displays in Toms River across the bay and then look behind us from the front porch and see Lavallette and Seaside Heights displays.”
- “We once went to the top of the parking garage at Overlook Hospital to see local ones and I am pretty sure NYC ones all at once.”
- “I recommend watching from the Wegman’s Parking Lot.”
- “There’s a huge party at Liberty State Park in Jersey City with the Village People!”
Search for Homes for sale in Warren NJ, Watchung, Green Brook, Long Hill, Gillette, Stirli...